Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mexican Chili

I love chili, its seriously one of my favorite go-to winter foods. Unfortunately ever since the surgery I haven't been able to tolerate anything tomato based or with chili powder. Boo, right? Ive been living chililess until I came across this recipe on Crockpot365 and after playing around and tweaking it some, I have come up with my version of Mexican chili! This stuff is seriously good people. Seriously. Good.
 
 
 


                            Makes 10 - 1/2 cup servings

Calories: 111  |  Carbs: 20  |  Protein: 8  | Fat: 1
 
My ingredients vary from the original recipe and this is exactly how I made it =)
 
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 can diced green chilies
1 can Swanson vegetable broth
1 can Rosarita no-fat refried beans
1 can Bush's reduced sodium black beans, drained
4oz extra lean ground turkey meat
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I used regular, not smoked)
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
salt and pepper, to taste (I used seasoned salt with the turkey meat)
 
 
Spray a large, non-stick pot with cooking spray, and sauté the onion until it begins to brown. Add the turkey meat, garlic, and green chilies and cook until meat is no longer pink. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook until flavors blend, 20-30 minutes.
 
Top with cheese if preferred or serve with chips.
 
 
Happy Cooking!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment