Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Wrap-Up!

2012 is definitely one for the books. I've had so many life-enhancing experiences this year - my head is still spinning. I'm hoping 2013 will slow down for me just a bit (as it should since I'm more settled) so I can focus on my plot to take over the world. It's going to be epic! Epic I tell you!
 
Here's a little end of the year survey that I've doing the past few years, its a fun way to say adios!
 
 
Image courtesy of Google






 
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
I left the only place Ive ever called home and moved 1,000 miles away to Chicago

Photo by SleevedintheCity
 
  
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions? Will you any for 2013?
I did actually, I told myself I was going to lose weight this year and I did. Im making my next years resolutions as we speak!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! A few people actually - I cant wait until I visit Texas to squeeze baby cheeks!
 
4. Did anyone close to you die?
 Not anyone close but I had some close friends lose people they loved.
 
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Missouri count? Then no.
 
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A greater support system and more denero.
 
7. What dates in 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
01/17/12 - Moved to Chicago
08/20/12 - VSG Surgery
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely taking the leap of faith to move so far away from home, it gave me the courage to make other leaps in my life!
 
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't have any failures in 2012. I had some learning experiences.
 
10. Did you suffer injury or illness?
I got sick twice, once in January and in December.
 
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Smaller underwear, 3 sizes smaller to be exact!
 
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All the people who support and encourage me.
 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All the people who don't believe in themselves enough to make better choices.
 
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Can I borrow $5?
 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
So many things! Right now Im excited to be moving BACK to Texas next year!
 
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Try by P!nk (seriously love her!)

Image courtesy of Rolling Stone
 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier b) thinner c) poorer
 
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seeing all the sights Chicago has to offer, I feel like Im on a time crunch now.
 
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Shopping!
 
20. How did you spend Christmas?
 I went to the movies and saw Django Unchained (awesome!) - took a nap.
 
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Only with myself =)
 
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Sons of Anarchy is still numero uno, but I recently got into Game of Thrones!
 
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
 I don't hate anyone. I just realize that boundaries are needed for some people.
 
24. What was the best book you read?
Hunger Games
 
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kendrick Lamar
 
26. What did you want and get?
To pay my car off, last payment was this month! Woot!
 
27. What did you want and not get?
A new Keurig and a Wii. Im cheap.
 
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw quite a few good ones but Im going with Django Unchained & Skyfall. My favorite live performance was Freud's Last Session.
 
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 35 and my friend Amy surprised me with afternoon tea at the Drake Hotel!

Photo from SleevedintheCity
 
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had gotten to see my family in Texas for the holidays.
 
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Big and baggy! Im refusing to buy new clothes. I've got a twine belt and am wearing my pants until they fall off LOL
 
32. What kept you sane?
Coffee, blogging and remembering tomorrow is a new day.
 
33. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy most?
P!nk. She's not only extremely talented but she's fit, healthy, and strong. I'm obsessed!
 
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Lets just say my vote counted.
 
35. Who did you miss?
My papito.
 
36. Who is the best new person you met?
Ive met so many great people this year that its hard to choose just one.
 
37. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
"Forgiveness has nothing to do with absolving a criminal of his crime. It has everything to so with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim -- letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor." ~ C.R. Strahan
 
38. What was the best new blog you discovered this year?
Iowa Girl Eats and I also rediscovered And Then We Saved
 
39. Who inspired you the most in 2012?
Not to sound cocky, but I inspired myself. I saw so much strength and determination in myself this year; I know I can do anything I set my mind to.
 
40. What do you want to happen in 2013?
I want to move back to Texas, lose 80 more pounds, maybe go on a date, run an entire 5k.
 
 
Here's to a new year, a new you and new dreams! Happy 2013!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment