Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chili's Copycat Chicken Enchilada Soup

This is my favorite soup EVER. If you like Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup then you will LOVE this. You won't find anything closer to it. The original recipe is here but I've obviously modified it to reduce calories and make it more VSG friendly. The calories are based on "regular" people servings and I don't have a picture of it because I ate it all before I remembered to. It's seriously that good.


Image courtesy of Google


Prep time: 15 mins  |  Level: Intermediate  |  Servings: 8
Calories per serving: 155
 
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken tenders
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 quart chicken broth, fat free reduced sodium 
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water, divided
1 cup enchilada sauce (I use hot & entire 10 oz can)
1 teaspoon salt (I double this)
1 teaspoon chili powder (I double this)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (I double this)
1 4oz can green chilies (optional)
 
Boil chicken in large pot, drain, set aside. Cook onion and garlic in oil and pour in chicken broth. In a bowl, whisk together masa harina and 2 cups of water until well blended. Pour into pot with remaining 1 cup water, enchilada sauce, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Shred chicken and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened.
 
If you add cheese or tortilla chips make sure to add in the additional calories. I never add cheese, its awesome with just tortilla chips!
 
 
Happy Cooking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment