Sunday, December 16, 2012

Frozen Hot Cocoa

Image property of SleevedInTheCity

Since I was just talking about Starbucks and healthy alternatives to their drinks, I thought I'd go in my archives and share one of my favorites, courtesy of Hungry Girl! Its not only simple to make but its so low in calories that I don't mind indulging in a second on a super hot day!
 
Prep time: 10 mins  |  Level: Beginner  |  Servings: 1
Calories per serving: 58
 
One 25-calorie packet diet hot cocoa mix (like Swiss Miss Diet or Nestlé Fat Free)
2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda or Truvia)
1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk (Almond milk works too!)
1 tbsp. sugar-free calorie-free vanilla-flavored syrup (like the kind by Torani)
1 tsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup (like the kind by Hershey's)**
1 cup crushed ice or 5 to 8 ice cubes
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
 
 
Place hot cocoa mix and sweetener in a tall mug or glass. Add 1/4 cup hot water and stir to dissolve.
Add soymilk, vanilla-flavored syrup, and chocolate syrup. Mix well. Place in the fridge or freezer for several minutes, until completely chilled. Pour mixture into a blender and add ice. Blend at high speed until uniform. Pour into the tall mug or glass. Finish off with whipped topping.
 
**I personally don't like the sugar free chocolate syrup, it tastes like how I imagine dirty feet would taste so I substituted a few chocolate chips and melted with the water and cocoa mix, it increased the calories some I'm sure but its better than drinking foot water. Just my opinion. Also VSG'ers can add a packet of unflavored protein powder and get a full meal from this, just add the extra calories!**
 
 
Happy Cooking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment