Sunday, February 3, 2013

Grilled Cheeseburger Wrap

I love a good hamburger but with all the bread and the typically large sizes they come in, they don't love me. I've been searching for tasty alternatives (tasty being the key word) and wasn't having much luck when I stumbled upon this gem. The original recipe can be found here - this knocked my burger craving out of the park. I'm now on Day 3 of leftovers and this girl doesn't do Day 3 leftovers, ok?

 
 
Calories: 329  |  Protein: 32  |  Carbs: 21   |  Fat: 15
Serves: 5  |  Serving size: 1 wrap filled with 1/2 cup beef, 1 slice cheese, lettuce, tomato slices, ketchup, and mustard.
 
 
You'll need -  
 
1 pound ground beef (I used 96/4)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (I used real onion)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 100 calorie wraps (I use Flatout Wraps)
5 slices sharp american cheese (I used low-fat American)
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup of romaine lettuce (I used iceberg)
Additional ketchup (optional)
Mustard (optional)
 
**You can easily customize this any way you want; I omitted the tomatoes and added bread and butter pickle slices to mine. Just be sure to scale down the other ingredients so your wrap doesn't overflow and break.
 
 
Then you'll -
 
In a medium to large skillet coated with cooking spray cook the beef on medium till almost cooked through but still a little pink (about 7-10 minutes). Break beef up as it cooks.
 
Add Worcestershire, ketchup, grated parmesan, dried onion flakes, salt, and pepper to the beef. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
 
Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink.
 
Turn on indoor grill to 350 or you can also use a grill plan.
 
In the center of  the wrap place a slice of cheese and 1/2 cup of the beef mixture. Add tomato and lettuce. Then if you are using , and I highly recommend you do, add some ketchup and mustard. **I second this recommendation!
 
Roll the wrap and place seam side down on grill. Once there are nice grill marks turn over. Grill for another 2-3 minutes then remove.
 
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the wraps.
 
 
Happy Cooking!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment