Sunday, March 10, 2013

Staycation 2013 {photo heavy}

Today is officially the last day of Staycation 2013. It wasn't nearly long enough but it was nice to not have to do anything for 9 days. It was pretty uneventful but I had a few NSV's so I thought I'd share.

____________
 

I probably did the most on Monday (03/04) as it was Chicago's 176th birthday and to celebrate they were giving free admission to the Chicago History Museum so I took full advantage of my time in the city. I viewed every section they had open and spent quite a bit of time in the Shalom Exhibit; if you're in the Chicago area this is a great (and inexpensive) day trip! NSV #1: being able to walk/stand all day with no pain or discomfort in back/feet!


 
This is the souvenir I picked out, does this REALLY surprise anyone?
 
 
 
____________
 
 
I spent the majority of Tuesday around the house doing some deep spring cleaning and organizing. I did discover my new favorite snack! Okra chips!
 
 
 
____________
 
 
Wednesday I took my pup, Pugsly, to the vet so he could get a shot for his arthritis.
 
Photo property of SleevedInTheCity


__________
 
 
Thursday evening I went to a friend's album release party and had a TON of fun! This was the first time I've dressed up and gone out since surgery. NSV# 2: the dress (and no sleeves)!
 




NSV#3: being able to stand/dance in these shoes for 4 hours with no back pain!
 
 


 
NSV#4: not being afraid of group pictures anymore!
 
Photo property of SleevedInTheCity
 
 
____________
 
 
Friday was a lazy, recoup day. Bella says hi.
 
Photo property of SleevedInTheCity
 
 
____________
 
 
Saturday was a shopping day. I went to Nordstrom Rack to have a pair of pants altered and I picked up this awesome studded iPhone case. I found this Torani syrup at World Market and it's my favorite yet. I mix 2 tbsps. with my Pure Protein chocolate shake and add some instant coffee granules...woah! 
 
 
 
My last stop was TJMaxx and I ran across a pair of NYMJ on clearance for $20! These things retail for $120 - and the best part? NSV#5....drumroll please.....
 
 
 
IM OFFICIALLY A SIZE 20!! Less than 6 months ago I was a 28 (tight). Not only do I look great, I feel great and I'm getting my health back. Nothing like seeing your hard work pay off =)
 
____________
 
 
That pretty much sums up Staycation 2013. I know Im missing an entry for last weekend and today but since I didn't do anything here is a picture of this weeks polish changes, Im partial to #3 myself.
 
 
 
____________
 
 
Until next time!
Besos xo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment