Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bleu Cheese Chipotle Bacon Burger

One of my favorite places to eat pre-op was Chili's and several years ago they made a Bleu Cheese Chipotle Burger that was to die for. Unfortunately, they stopped making it and I ultimately stopped eating there - even if they brought it back the fat and calories alone would keep me from indulging (1090 calories/71g of fat). I decided to come up with my own version, it doesn't do Chili's justice but it was enough to satisfy my craving, a fraction of the calories and its mighty tasty if I say so myself!

 
Calories: 286  |  Protein: 28  |  Carbs: 3   |  Fat: 18
Serves: 6  |  Serving size: 1 burger patty
 
 
You'll need:
 
1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin (I used 90/10)
1 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup bacon pieces (I used Hormel red label)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 chipotle chile pepper
2 tbsp. coarsely ground peppercorns
 
 
 
 
Then you'll:
 
Combine everything (except peppercorns) in a medium bowl, mix well and form into 6 patties. Spread peppercorns on a plate and press one side of each patty into pepper (I like spice so I did both sides). You can choose your own method of cooking, I used my Calphalon griddle pan on the stove top and cooked until medium-well (160 degrees internally).
 
 
 
 
Happy Cooking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment