Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Honey Glazed Carrots

Last week Aldi had a mega-sale on baby carrots (a pound for $.49) and I may have bought 6 pounds. Carrots are my go-to for when I want something crunchy but after the first 3 pounds I was looking for new ways to consume them. I made a small ham for Easter and thought a side of glazed carrots would be great so I scoured the interwebs and I found this amazing little recipe on Cooks.com - not only is it easy but by far the best cooked carrot dish I've eaten!



Calories: 139  |  Protein: 2  |  Carbs: 21   |  Fat: 6
  Serves 4
 
 
You'll need:
 
  • Salt
  • 1 pound baby carrots
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey (I used SF imitation honey)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
  •  
    Then you'll:
     
    In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt and then carrots and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the carrots and add back to pan with butter, honey and lemon juice. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
     
     
    Happy Cooking!
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment